Who we are?
betPawa is an online sports, gaming and betting company currently trading in Kenya, Uganda,
Nigeria, Zambia, Ghana, Zimbabwe, and Tanzania, with further operational offices based in London
and Tallinn. The company employs approximately 200 people globally, about 75-80 people in HQ in
Tallinn of which 45 are in the IT department.
Potential of the company, growth plans.
Soon launching more Africa countries as new markets. Current growth rate: 5%-10% per month. More
than doubled users and sales in 2018. The organization will double the number of employees in
Tallinn in 2019.
What will the hired person do during the first 12 months?
● Main tasks: Scaling existing feature. Create new scalable features. Implement various
monitoring, tracing, etc
● How are the teams built? Several backend teams, centralized QA, centralized Front-end,
centralized DevOps, centralized Data Warehouse.
● Processes, agile, scrum? 2-week cycle with weekly deployments.
Who will be the direct manager?
Senior engineers reports to team lead. Team leads report to VP of Engineering.
Requirements for the role:
● 5+ of solid commercial experience with Java,
● good experience with Spring and Hibernate,
● relational databases,
● intermediate English or better.
● MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker.
Goodies of the stack — technology or something the candidate would appreciate working
with: Microservices, Kubernetes, up to date stack, moving to CI/СD.
● A modern technology stack and best software development practices
● Participation in international conferences and trainings
● Personal and professional growth opportunities in a fast-growing product company
● Sports benefit, onsite gym and weekly football practice
● Fresh fruits, team lunches, and fun company events
● A modern office in Tallinn city center, free parking
● Workstation up to your choice (Windows, Linux)
● A competitive salary