About the company
The company is an entrepreneurial and innovative IT company headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. They realize ideas and projects – from strategic concept to technical implementation closely alongside dynamic clients with a strong focus on start-up or fast-growing companies.
Since inception in 2015, we have grown rapidly to currently 80+ professionals in Switzerland and Western-Ukraine.
About the client
The client is a fast-growing and well-funded medical technology startup from Zurich that helps to increase efficiency and safety in the medical environment through modern web applications, implementing safety procedures know from commercial and military aviation. The application will be used during surgical procedures. The product consists of a nodeJS microservices architecture backend on AWS, react dashboard as well as a native, voice-controlled iPad application.
About position and requirements:
Right now, the client is live with a selected number of users. You will have a chance and challenge to continue developing this product and contribute to its architecture and development. You will be fully involved in the architectural decision-making process. They expect that you have good communication skills (behavior, language, proactive communication) for collaboration with a cross-functional and international team and want to actively contribute with well written, detail oriented clean code. Our client prefers full-stack developers (NodeJS & React) but will also consider strong backend and/or frontend candidates).
Microservices Architecture on AWS (Node/Express + PostgreSQL + React frontend). Full coverage through test automation as the medical field is highly regulated and quality sensitive. Full CI / CD flow exists.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of commercial Node.js/React.js development experience
- Experience with relational and non-relational (e.g., Redis, PostgreSQL, etc.) DB
- Experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries for Node
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to take on complex problems, learn quickly, and persist towards a good solution
- Great communicator with advanced English skills (needs to be able to write documentation)
- Proactive problem solver
- Team player with the ability to coach younger developers