Production Integration ensures the transition of Windows applications into the production environment:
– We deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments
– We implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
– We analyze the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
– We ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
– We organise the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
Your part of the deal:
The main part of the job involves :
– Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers,testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc).
– Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
– Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
– Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
– Provide second level support to Production Operations – available for on call duties during certain weekends.
Work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday
– Windows Server (2012/2016)
– .NET applications- SQL Server 2016
– Scripting Powershell- Problem solving and lateral thinking mindset
– MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
– MS COM+
– PERL scripting
– Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.