About the company
The company is an entrepreneurial and innovative IT company headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. They realize ideas and projects – from strategic concept to technical implementation closely alongside dynamic clients with a strong focus on start-up or fast-growing companies.
Since inception in 2015, we have grown rapidly to currently 80+ professionals in Switzerland and Western-Ukraine.
About the client
Classtime, Pollock Technologies Inc.’s flagship product, enables an educator to create questions on an internet-connected device (mobile phone, tablet, PC/notebook), push it to all student devices and track the performance of a class immediately in a class session. The teacher receives valuable information about the individual student’s performance and can intervene as deemed appropriate, thereby improving the overall learning progress of the class. By answering the questions, all students are fully engaged, which can also be analyzed after class and even over time to measure a single student or the entire classes development.
Classtime is trusted by more than 11,000 teachers globally.
About person, they are looking for
They are looking for a frontend engineer that will help them to bring our educational web technology Classtime to the next level. You’ll be working with a distributed team (US, Switzerland, and Ukraine). They’re looking for somebody as of now.
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Classtime to make it live;
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications;
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products;
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team;
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make Classtime better for our users;
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Experience with React, Redux.
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, mobile-first support;
- 3+ years of experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance;
Nice to have
- Experience building and shipping mobile or web applications.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques, web sockets;
- Strong sense of web design and fundamentals of user experience;
- Experience with server-side programming;
- react, redux, redux-saga;
- HTML, CSS, Sass, postcss;
- Python, Django templates, REST APIs;
- Third-parties: Auth0, Pusher, Algolia, Cloudinary.
Does this resonate well with you? Then we look forward to receiving your application!